Blockchain Developer Training
A 3 day blockchain developer training course intensive and all inclusive for programmers who want to learn how to develop on the blockchain. No prior knowledge of Blockchain or Ethereum is required though participants are advised to have some experience in coding in Java, Python or C++. The course is made up of 3 full days and makes use of practical activities and interaction with the live Ethereum Network.
The Developers course will equip you with the skills and resources to further your education of programming on the blockchain in your own capacity. Linum Labs will also provide you with a series of written post-course materials and access to the Linum Labs Alumni community or systems architects and developers to assist you with any further questions or research you may require after the course.
New blockchain developer courses available in South Africa – Book your spot today!
Training Modules: Day by day breakdown
Day 1 – Ethereum Network and Smart Contract Ecosystem
- Blockchain overview and fundamentals
- Merkle trees, cryptographic hashes, consensus networks
- Proof of Work & Proof of Stake
- Ethereum network characteristics, account types and contracts
Exercise: creation of a personal account on Ethereum and live transaction auditing
- The Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Ethereum’s community and information exchanges
- Oracles and off-chain interaction
- The state of dApps – Ethereum’s nascent decentralized application landscape
- Smart contract complexity: The DAO case study and Hardforks
Exercise: interacting with a live smart contract & analyzing a smart contract’s transaction history
Day 2 – Hands-on Ethereum Go Client and Tech Stack
- Introduction to the Go Ethereum Client (Geth)
- Client variety and history
- Light clients
- Geth Developer Environment and Console
- Ethereum Technology Stack (Whisper, Swarm, IPFS)
Exercise: deploying a private blockchain among participants
Day 3 – Software Clients, Contract Coding and Deployment
- Practical introduction to Solidity using the Solidity Browser
- Solidity overview, history and development
- Programming environments with Truffle
- Smart contract security and best practices
Exercise: coding a smart contract to deploy a digital assets/token
*Terms and conditions apply – a minimum of 8 people per course with discounts being offered to groups of 15 or more.
Audience: Software developers, Systems Architects, Software Engineers, Innovation Officers, Technology Officers, Devops Managers. (The first two days are designed for both technology managers and developers, whereas the last day caters specifically to software developers. The goal is to achieve a mutual shared knowledge base and technology acumen.)
The course content is practice orientated and supplemented with exercises by the course instructors. Participants will interact with the live Ethereum blockchain, deploy and validate their own private blockchain, design an enterprise use case and write and deploy a smart contract.
Upcoming Developers Courses
For more information, questions or booking details you can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*discounts and specials pricing are available for students and entrepreneurs working within the space – if you would like to find out more please email Devon via the above address and set up a call.
New courses coming up soon.
For additional information or if you have any queries please contact email@example.com